Matcha green tea powder and reishi mushroom are two of nature’s finest and most potent superfoods. The combination of L-theanine, catechins, caffeine from the matcha plus the polysaccharides, mainly βglucans and ganoderic acids from the reishi mushroom, enhance concentration, calm the mind, boost the immune system and slow the aging process.
Matcha Green Tea Powder has been used for more than seven hundred years by the Japanese to hone their focus and stay awake during meditation, matcha contains L-theanine, an amino acid also found in green tea. L-theanine works in two ways, by helping to combat tension and stress and by increasing concentration and focus.
- Catechins: a powerful antioxidant (neutralizing free radicals), which may help prevent the effects of aging. Polyphenols protect the body against cell damage, in particular by fighting the breakdown of cellular membranes caused by various stressors (tobacco, air pollutants, sun light, viruses, pesticides, alcohol, fried foods and many more).
- L-Theanine: responsible for sweet and umami tastes. It also has a calming and relaxing effect.
- Caffeine: has a stimulating effect.
- The combination of Caffeine and Theanine: works in two ways, by helping to combat tension and stress and by increasing concentration and focus.
Reishi: studied for more than 2,200 years by the Chinese and Japanese and recently DNA fully sequenced (16,113 genes) this mushroom also known as The Mushroom of Immortality and the King of Mushrooms is considered an adaptogenic herb. It balances the body, stimulating and regulating the immune system, improves oxygen utilization and the liver’s metabolic efficiency. It enhances the degradations of toxins and free radicals.
- Polysaccharides: mainly Beta Glucans: Anti oxidant, reduce toxins. Neuro protective. Energy boost.
- Ganoderic Acid: stimulates and regulates the immune system, improves oxygen utilization and liver metabolic efficiency.
Origin and Product Information
Our Saemidori organic matcha has the highest concentration of L-theanine of all tea cultivars. It also has reduced bitterness. Our matcha is harvested in Kagoshima, Japan. We use 100% organic first harvest matcha and it is stone milled to achieve a silky texture and the smallest particle size.
Our organic reishi is from Hokkaido, Japan. Our producer is the only source of JAS certified Organic Reishi in Japan. It is grown on natural oak logs. Japanese Reishi is the finest and the percentage of β glucans is 55%.
The blend of matcha and reishi is achieved by milling the reishi in traditional stone matcha mills and carefully mixing the two powders to obtain a uniform powder. Pantenger is proud to introduce this unparalleled quality blend to the market.
The flavor is a little bitter compared to our Ceremonial Grade Matcha if drunk plain with hot water. Reishi is a bitter ingredient. However, if drunk with milk or used as an ingredient, it is hard to notice any difference.
Brewing a perfect cup:
A great cup of tea requires three elements: great tea, water and a tea master (you). Use the correct dose: 1/3 of a teaspoon is enough to start with. A larger quantity will make your matcha mushroom bitter.
Water: add a little bit of water and whisk until any lumps dissolve. Add more water up to 8 FL OZ and keep whisking making W’s, not circles, until it is frothy.
Using the right water temperature (160ºF to 170ºF) will extract the matcha sweet soluble components such as L-theanine. Using a higher temperature will bring a high amount of the bitter and astringent components to your cup such as caffeine and catechins.
Or simply add 1 teaspoon of matcha and reishi to your recipe.
Ginger powder, pepper (pink pepper works really well) or cinnamon can be used to give extra flavor or to reduce bitterness.
- USDA Organic certified by OTCO
- Gluten Free